Human's Best Attribute Is Feeling
I got a text today from my friend that said he was dizzy. My first reaction was that he should get checked out. My second reaction was that I was feeling concerned he may be really ill. That feeling reminded me that is what makes me human.
There is a lot of talk about AI and Robots. I believe the future of AI and Robotics will make mankind's life better. However, what we won't get from that technology is feeling sad, angry, happy, etc. I can hug my friend and get hugged back because we care about each other. I can hug my robot, but don't expect to get hugged back.
There are some people that don't have feelings. The majority of those people have a mental disorder. There are many people that have suppressed their feelings. My dad suppressed his feelings because he grew up in the Great Depression, with a dead father and a sickly mother. That fear of life got him to suppress his feelings. I believe he didn't get the most out of life.
On the other hand, my mother, who grew up very poor, was a feeling machine. My sister got my father's lack of feeling and thankfully, I got my mother's feeling machine. I believe the people who really know me, can sense when I'm happy, sad or angry. I don't have to say anything, they just can sense it because they have feelings.
Having feelings can be scary. Having feelings can make you venerable. Showing your feelings can make you seem weak to those who want to take advantage. However, having feelings is what makes you a great human being. Having feelings is what enables you to have wonderful friends and family who also have feelings. Having feelings enables you to get the most out of this wonderful life.
What about you? Have you suppressed your feelings or are you a feeling machine? Remember;
Human's Best Attribute Is Feeling
No comments:
Post a Comment